MVP usually stands for Most Valuable Player. In Rune Midgarts, however, this acronym usually stands for monsters that are usually much stronger than other monsters. They appear on an array of maps throughout the game, spawning only at certain times and maps. While MVPs can be defeated by a single person (depending on the class of the player), they are most often taken down by a party of two or more players. Because of the difficulty of defeating an MVP, they give a high amount of experience and MVP rewards given directly to the player's inventory to the player who deals the most damage to it. They are also free-for-all, meaning that anyone can attack them, disregarding who found it first or summoned it.
MVPs will also summon slaves or mobs to make defeating the MVP more difficult. The mob will often times consist of three to nine monsters, sometimes all of them the same, sometimes different, depending on the MVP.
Normal MVPs spawn at set intervals over a designated set of maps.
** Behavior changed to "roaming" from their original maps to the surrounding.
One of the following MVPs (chosen randomly) will spawn between 95 to 150 minutes after the previous MVP is defeated in the Somatology Laboratory Levels 3 and 4. One will also randomly spawn in the Wolfchev's Laboratory instance.
Special MVP Monsters
The following MVPs have special spawn conditions that do not follow either the timed spawn model.
- Old Glast Heim instance. and spawn in the
- Bakonawa Extermination instance. spawns in the
- Bangungot Hospital instance. spawns in the
- is an event boss and only spawns when GMs decide to spawn it.
- Buwaya's Cave instance. spawns in the
- Ice Necklace Quest) or 4 (obtained by defeating Ktullanux previously) to put out the four sacred fires on Ice Dungeon 3. Once defeated, Ktullanux cannot be resummoned for another 2 hours. is spawned by using 4 (obtained via the
- Thanatos Tower. is spawned by the completion of
- Eastrelund. is an event boss and only spawns during springtime, usually in relation to
- Events. is an event boss and only spawns during fall, usually in relation to Thanksgiving
- Endless Tower instance. (Floor 101) and (Floor 100) spawn in the
- Nidhoggr's Nest instance. spawns in the
- Endless Cellar instance or in events. spawns in the
- Reduces damage received from Demi-Human and Boss Monsters by 10%.
- Reduce damage from MVPs by 10%.
- (Weapon) +25% Damage to Boss Monsters (inc. MVPs)
- (Shield) 40% Less Damage from Boss Monsters, 40% More from Others
- Shows location (if out) and gives spawn time for an MVP when used on the map it spawns on. Event item only.
- Summons a random MVP when broken.
For more information on each of these monsters, visit: